Standard Trading Terms and Conditions
The following Standard Terms and Conditions are in addition to and in reiteration of the Terms specifically mentioned in the Quote/Quotation. These Standard Terms and Conditions will apply in all cases unless specified to the contrary in writing.
1. Our Quotation
We may change the price or make charges if any of the following have not been taken into account when preparing our quotation and confirmed by us in writing.
- You do not accept it in writing within 30 days, with a firm removal date to which we agree in writing.
- By your delay, the work is not carried out or completed within three months.
- Our costs increase (or decrease) because of currency fluctuations or change in taxation or freight charges beyond our control.
- The work is carried out on a Sunday or Public Holiday at your request.
- We have to collect or deliver goods above the ground and first upper floor.
- We supply any additional services, including moving or storing extra goods (these conditions apply to such work).
- The stairs, lifts or doorways are inadequate for free movement of the goods without mechanical equipment or structural alteration, or the approach, road or drive is unsuitable for our vehicles and/or containers to load and/or unload, within 20 metres of the doorway, and this means we have to do extra work.
- Any parking or other fees or charges that we have to pay in order to carry out services on your behalf.
- There are delays or events outside our reasonable control.
In all these circumstances, you will pay the adjusted charges.
2. Work not included in the quotation
Unless agreed by us in writing, we will not:
- Dismantle or assemble unit or system furniture (flat-pack), fitments or fittings.
- Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment.
- Take up or lay fitted floor coverings.
- Move storage heaters unless they are dismantled.
- Move items from a loft, unless properly lit, and floored and safe access is provided.
- Move or store any items excluded under Clause 4.
3. Your responsibility
It will be your sole responsibility to:
- Declare to us the replacement value of the goods being removed and/or stored.
- Arrange adequate insurance cover for the goods submitted for removal transit and/or storage, against all insurable risks. Our contractual liability will not exceed US$ 100 for all uninsured goods.
- Be present or represented throughout the removal.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that nothing that should be removed is left behind and nothing is taken away in error.
- Arrange proper protection for goods left in unoccupied or unattended premises, or where other people such as (but not limited) tenants or workmen are, or will be present.
- Prepare adequately and stabilise all appliances or electronic equipment prior to their removal.
- Empty, properly defrost and clean refrigerators and deep freezers. We are not responsible for the contents.
- Provide us with a contact address for correspondence during removal transit and/or storage of goods.
4. Goods not to be submitted for removal or storage
The following items are specifically excluded from this contract :
(a). Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or goods or collections of any similar kind.
(b). Prohibited or stolen goods, drugs, potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items, including gas bottles, antiques, paints, firearms and ammunition.
(c). Plants or goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation.
(d). Goods which require special licence or government permission for export of import.
Such goods will not be removed by us except with our prior written agreement, in the event that we do remove such goods, we will not accept liability for loss or damage wholly or mainly attributable to the special nature of the goods concerned. If you submit such goods without our knowledge and prior written agreement, we will not be liable for any loss or damage and you will indemnify us against any charges, expenses, damages or penalties claimed against us. In addition, we shall be entitled to dispose of (without notice) any such goods, which are listed under paragraphs 4(b) or 4(c).
5. Ownership of the goods
By entering into this contract, you declare that:
(a) The goods to be removed and/or stored are your own property, or (b) The person(s) who own or have an interest in them, have given you authority to make this contract and have been made aware of these conditions.
You will meet any claim for damages and/or costs against us, if these declarations are not true.
6. Paying for the Removal
Unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
- Payment is required, by cleared funds in advance of the removal or storage period.
- You may not withhold any part of the agreed price.
- In respect of all sums which are overdue to us, we will charge interest calculated at 4% above the base rate for the time being of The Reserve Bank of India.
7. Delays in transit
- Other than by reason of our proven negligence, we will not be liable for delays in transit.
- If through no fault of ours we are unable to deliver your goods, we will take them into store. The contract will then be fulfilled and any additional service(s), including storage, storage related costs, insurance and delivery, will be at your expense.
8. Damage to premises or property other than goods
- We will not be liable for any damage to premises or property other than goods submitted for removal and/or storage.
- If we cause damage as a result of moving goods under your express instruction, against our advice, and where to move the goods in the manner instructed will inevitably cause damage, we shall not accept that we were negligent.
- If we are responsible for causing damage to your premises or to property other than goods submitted for removal and/or storage, you must note this on the worksheet or delivery receipt. This is essential to the contract.
9. Our right to hold the goods (lien)
We shall have a right to withhold and/or ultimately dispose of some or all of the goods until you have paid all our charges and any other payments due under this or any other contract. These include any charges that we have paid out on your behalf. While we hold the goods and wait for payment, you will be liable to pay all storage charges and other costs incurred by our withholding your goods and these terms and conditions shall continue to apply.
All disputes will be subject to the jurisdiction of the appropriate Courts in Mumbai, India.
11. Route and method
- We have the full right to choose the route for delivery.
- Unless it has been specifically agreed in writing on our quotation, other space/volume/capacity on our vehicles and/or the container may be utilised for consignments of other customers.
12. Advice and information
Advice and information in whatever form it may be given, is provided by the company for the customer only. Any oral advice given without special arrangement is provided gratuitously and without contractual liability.
Why have 500,000 customers just like you
moved with Writer Relocations?
years of trust
Experience 63 years of expertise that brings you the gold standard in moving.
12 million pounds
Get where you need to be with 360 relocation partners in190 countries.
Get a dedicated team of 750 relocation professionalstohelp you with your move.
500,000 customers trust us - families, CEOs, 3000 clients and Fortune 500 companies.
Read what people like you say about packing and moving with Writer Relocations.
"We will surely use Writers Relocations for our next international or national move.
Glad that we got introduced to this company. We had a good experience, therefore will not hesitate to use the services again. Your quality of services, no doubt, gets a rating of 5 out of 5. I will also recommend you to my friends and relatives".